Mag Square

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

life instyle highlights


Today I did a whirlwind tour of life instyle.  I particularly liked these things.  Melbourne based bonnie and neil, launching a range of printed wooden cubes made from re cycled floor boards, hand screen printed textiles, quilt's and gift cards.  A great eco Australian aesthetic with native birds and plants and nice use of yellow.


An enchanting range of lamps for children's rooms by down in the woods.  I love the mushrooms, they would have been very much at home in our birch forest over the weekend.


I have been admiring the textile designs at pony rider for some time now and was excited to meet  one of the creators, Kelly Searl, today.  I am really hoping to get pony rider to Magnolia Square in the not to distant future (please!!)  The range includes cushions, round wall stickers & bunting for adults.  Shop the collection here.


Handmade porcelain vessels by Sam Robinson were another highlight for me - not sure how I managed to miss them at previous shows.  Sam has just opened a brand new shop in Double Bay, Sydney.  Her website is beautiful.


A hand knitted range called uimi stood out for its simplicity and colour palette.  The visual merchandising was soooo gorgeous, 6 or so white ladders all laden with product.  My i-phone pics really did not do it justice so you will just have to imagine it....

The infant wear was adorable - as were the scarves, berets and mittens for big people. All uimi products are designed and produced in Melbourne.


These colouring books by various Australian artist's caught my eye immediately.  Isabel likes to Daydream is by Nikki Catalano who showed at our Sydney event earlier this year (follow that link to see Nikki's gorgeous new website including online shop).  This book is really beautiful and makes me want to sharpen my coloured pencils! This little collection is by la-la-land.  The cardboard frames (below) are an excellent way to display work and would look amazing as a gallery wall.


Hopefully la la land will pop up at one of our shows also.


More to follow down the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your thoughts ...