The Malvern Town Hall was a very busy place today with 60+ retailers bustling their wares in through the doors, trying to stay out of the rain. Set up day is fun, exhausting but fun. The best part for us as event organisers is meeting the new retailers and checking out the STUNNING goodies literally as they unpack them. Here are a few preview pics to warm up the crowd!
Regular shoppers at our events have come to expect a high level of visual merchandising. This time we have created a woodland on the stage complete with suspended birch branches, moss and hyacinths popping up.
Look at these yellow tulips - they are so vibrant and so fresh, as though just cut from the garden. tTey are in our bloom section, a new little space for emerging brands to show at Mag Square. We have pia handmade, vintage prints, clucky, phillippa gerrard, milkwood, the rabbit and the duck and evie lala so be sure to check them all out and support their lovely businesses!
And here are a couple of favourites you will be happy to see again, morgan wills and red wagon both causing a colour explosion. Below, klei with an ever expanding range of fashion.
- the mornings can be VERY busy as prams compete for premium positions in the aisles - if you can use a baby carrier we'd suggest it
- the crowds ease from 1pm-3pm (approx!) so this can be a pleasant time to drop in and shop at a more relaxed pace
- EdDixonFoodDesign have a charming cupcake stand set up in the foyer - put that on the to do list
- we have a colour-in table set up for the little people - at the cafe end
- parking can be tricky - sorrounding side streets are often the best way to avoid a ticket
- buy a $2 raffle ticket on the way in and support beyond blue: the national depression initiative
- most retailers have eftpos but not all - banks and ATM's are close by
- visit us at the snippets blog stand and pick up a very nice postcard!!
Nic MacIsaac x